Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Little quiet, but not for long

Puma in DC has been quiet. It's DC's fault, folks have high-tailed it outta here for the holidays, and the sharp chill in the air has this woman pretty unmotivated to prowl around.
I've been content prepping for a trip out of town myself, see my besties for some fun in the sun. I am pretty sure my mojo will be unleashed by the very nature of leaving that which is familiar. It's somehow always easier to release the wild child when you know there's almost no possibility of being seen. Not that I do anything illegal, but it is a small district we have here.
Case in point, on my way out from the gym, ran into green shirt. Yes, I have managed to avoid him since that first (and last date). I had a slightly uncomfortable moment when he 'friend requested' me on FB. I figured, why not, it's not like I am going out with him again, my silence surely painted the reality of that picture for him, which is why I was perplexed with his interest in friend requesting. If he really does want to be friends, cool, but we all know how fluid that term friend is when it comes to FB. I saw him out of the corner of my eye, and there was no way to escape. The paper towel I was tugging at just wouldn't give and he walked right up to me as I struggled with it.

       "Happy New Year", I said to him with a sweaty smile ( I was soaked post 3 mile run).
       "Hey ya, you too", he paused as if he wanted to continue the conversation.
I don't know where it comes from, but this side of me, that is just staunch as all heck comes out.
I walked away, smiled all the while, but walked away.
Did I feel bad? No. Not. At. All.
Note to self: do NOT go out with guys you meet at the gym. Maybe someone else's gym, but not your own!

I just realized I forgot to text NMM back. Yes, you heard right, he texted me last night:
Hi! Where are you? Are you back yet? You've been gone too long, enough fun, come back now!

Seriously?
Yes, what do you say even? Not sure how I will respond, but clearly it's not at the forefront of my mind.
Happy new year people, I resolve to not do the whole resolution thing, every day involves those mini goals as it is.
Next post, from a sunnier spot, and hopefully some snarky juice to share. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment