Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sporty, but no spice?

I am still alive, apologies loyal readers for the slight drop-off. Have you ever just been so overwhelmed with things to do, you didn't know where to begin? Not really an excuse here, more an explanation. I promised myself when I realized I hadn't been back to share life with you all, I commit to at least 1x week posts, and hopefully more!

Sooo back to the adventure, in short:
-had 2 more dates with Sporty
-got a text from NMM
-got back online to find more dates

Why?
Well let's start from the top. Date number 2 with Sporty was on a coveted Saturday night. Drinks at a rooftop bar in DC, went from 8pm-almost 2-in-the-morning. Conversation flooowed. I was laughing, he was laughing, it was good. And we have chemistry. High five people. Yes, after walking out onto the bustling area that is U street, teaming with tipsy folks all around us, and right before a cab scooped me up, we made out. Twice. And it was good, really good. Phew. That was one thing left, could he kiss. Oh yes he can. The coolest part, he acknowledged that I can too, mid kiss with a "You are an amazing kisser" he said as I went in for another.

Second date was during the week, a movie at the indie theater downtown. A fantastic foreign film, no touching, which is cool as I get really into movies. But where my red flags went up is next...I suggest we go for tea, we chat for another few hours, so long that the public transport is no more. I did remember him mentioning that he doesn't take cabs (thus why I cabbed home solo the last date), but we had no choice, I said we can just split it up. He said no worries, he'd just get in the cab with me and we'd take the cab to my house, and he could just walk home from there, as it's only few blocks away. Then, as the cab heads north, he tells cabbie to stop and proceeds to fumble for money to contribute to our shared ride. I tell him not to worry about it, I can cove the cab. A quick peck and hug later, he's out the door.
I don't mind paying for the cab, but wondering what happened to the chivalry of walking a woman home? And strangely enough, he opened every door that night, which I clumsily faltered through (I am not accustomed to this, but I did like it).
Basically, have a bit of red flag action going on. He did text me when he got back from this weekend's trip and over a series of 5 texts, asked me to dinner this weekend. Texting. Ugh back to texting. You have my number why oh why don't you call?!
The conversation flows whenever we hang out, so why the disinterest in the phone? Perhaps he's not a phone person, fine. But if he was really into me, he'd want to talk to me. And basically I'm not sure I am so into him. So, probably won't hook up with him after dinner, unless something dramatic changes. Don't get me wrong, I can have a little tango between the sheets like the next girl, but I'd rather do that with someone that I am not trying to get to know, if it is just about hooking up that is. But this guy, I actually am getting to know, so the hooking up then becomes awkward given that the territory is kind of in that gray area right now....

Text from NMM basically told me he's over seas and that I should be 'good' while he's gone.
SERIOUSLY? I have not SEEN him since November?! Who is he kidding? He's totally off my radar, as in another solar system really. I didn't respond.

Back online, writing with a guy who has moved to DC from the west coast. I like the newbies, new to DC and new to match. Better that way, less rules more room for genuine connection instead of smoke and mirrors. Also got a note from some guy that was emailing me in December, let's call him SP for super flakey. Case in point, he asked me out and cancelled (well in advance though) 2x in December. Then he asks me out again this week, without a specific date. I said I'd be up for meeting him.
His reply:
That's right. Blank. Nada. Zilch.
Wonder why he wasted his energy asking me? Tell you what, I am not wasting mine by responding again. It's been 4 days, in my book, 4 days too long.

More determined than ever to stay true to what I want. And depending on how date goes, meaning if it ends up fizzling out, the rest of the weekend is going to have to be ultra playful. Now that the kissing came out, I need have the need to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment